The Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health (GPBCH) is a membership organization open to any employer that is corporately based or that has a significantly employed population in our service area. The Coalition’s service area includes the Philadelphia five-county region (Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware Counties), the State of Delaware, and Southern New Jersey (Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May Counties).
GPBCH is the employers' voice in meeting with health plans, providers, and other system stakeholders to develop and implement programs designed to improve the value of health benefits by enhancing quality, safety, and efficiency; and reducing costs; and eliminating waste in health care spending. Coalition membership is a small investment with a potentially huge return!
Benefits of Employer Membership
By joining GPBCH, employers are showing that they recognize the need for healthcare system reform, and are willing to use their collective market power to make a difference. This in itself is important to drive health plans and provider organizations to invest more heavily in improvement. Additional benefits of Coalition membership include:
- Free attendance (two registrants) at monthly in person educational programs, the Coalition’s Annual Conference, and Annual Wellness Summit
- Free subscription to the Coalition’s monthly newsletter, featuring Coalition activities, educational programming, population health tools and resources, and local and national news
- Ability to network with other employers in the region, including “Employers Only” forums
- Opportunity to participate in interest groups that track innovations and guide Coalition initiatives on benefit design, health and well-being, health equity, and transparency
- Access to GPBCH library of educational programs, speaker presentations, employer benchmarking surveys and population health management resources
- Access to networking, resources and educational programs from the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Access to group purchasing and discount pricing programs
- Opportunity to apply for GPBCH Annual Health Benefits Innovation Awards
- Representation of employer interests in local and national healthcare policy discussions
For more information, view the GPBCH Profile
. To learn why members value Coalition membership, view the Member Testimonials
document and the Why GPBCH Membership Matters Member Videos
Membership Dues and Application
For employers, standard annual membership dues are based on total number of employees in the GPBCH service area; the cost is $5 per benefits-eligible employee in the region, with minimum dues of $1,000 (≤200 employees) and maximum dues of $5,000 (≥1,000 employees). Certain non-profit and public employers may qualify for a discount on annual dues. For an additional $2,500 dues, employers can upgrade to a Premier membership.
Initial dues are invoiced upon the submission of a completed and approved membership application. Thereafter, membership dues are invoiced annually on the anniversary of joining the Coalition.
To apply for the Employer Membership, access the GPBCH Employer Member Application
, download and then fill out the form, and email the completed application to Neil Goldfarb at email@example.com
. Questions? Please email Neil Goldfarb at firstname.lastname@example.org
, President & CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business Group on Health.
Making payment by Credit Card?
All credit card payments incur a 2.5% fee
to cover PayPal’s transaction fee. Contact Eric Croft (Ecroft@gpbch.org) to ensure you’re your invoice has been updated with this fee and then visit our PayPal Page
to make payment.