The Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health (GPBCH) is a membership organization open to any employer that is corporately based or that has a significantly employed population in our service area. The Coalition’s service area includes the Philadelphia five-county region (Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware Counties), the State of Delaware, and Southern New Jersey (Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May Counties). GPBCH also offers affiliate memberships to organizations that do not participate as employers but have an interest in supporting GPBCH’s mission.
GPBCH is the employers' voice in meeting with health plans, providers, and other system stakeholders to develop and implement programs designed to improve the value of health benefits by enhancing quality, safety, and efficiency; and reducing costs; and eliminating waste in health care spending.
Benefits of Membership
By joining GPBCH, employers are showing that they recognize the need for healthcare system reform, and are willing to use their collective market power to make a difference. This in itself is important to drive health plans and provider organizations to invest more heavily in improvement. Additional benefits of Coalition membership include:
• Free attendance (up to two registrants per program) at monthly educational programs, the Coalition’s Annual Conference, and Annual Wellness Summit
• Free subscription to the Coalition’s monthly newsletter, featuring information on Coalition activities and educational programming, as well as national news, tools and resources of value to employers’ population health management efforts
• Ability to network with other employers in the region and learn from each other, including a semi-annual “Employers Only” forum hosted by the Coalition
• Opportunity to participate in work groups that track national and local innovations in healthcare and health benefits and guide Coalition initiatives
• Access to the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions (National Alliance) tools and educational programs, and opportunities to learn from other affiliated coalitions
• Preferred pricing programs for weight management, healthy eating, and benefit plan audits. Plus access to competitively-priced group purchasing for pharmacy, vision, EAP, and more!
View the GPBCH Profile for more information.
Membership Dues and Application
For employers, annual membership dues are based on a total number of employees in the GPBCH service area; the cost is $5 per benefits-eligible employee in the region, with minimum dues of $2,500 (<500 employees) and maximum dues of $5,000 (>1,000 employees). Dues are discounted 50% for public employers. For the typical employer, the cost of dues is equivalent to the cost of one or two hospital days. Coalition membership is a small investment with a potentially huge return!
For affiliates, annual dues are $5,000. Dues are invoiced annually, on the anniversary of joining the Coalition.
Contact Jill Hutt at email@example.com or call 215-800-1066.