Resources for Human Development
This role will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day administration of the company’s benefit plans. Ensures the effective communication of compensation and benefit program to employees.
- Will supervise the Benefit Coordinators within the Department and work collaboratively with the Benefits Trainer and Wellness Manager.
- Collaborates with brokers and vendors in preparing ongoing and annual enrollment announcement material, benefits booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees.
- Identifies and advises management of benefits trends, problems, and issues as well as recommended course of action.
- Providing monthly data to the Benefits Director on a continual basis.
- Act as liaison between the employees and the insurance providers.
- Manage the 403(b) plan, processes, annual requirements, and files.
- Administers medical, dental, group life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability benefit plans, flexible spending accounts, and 403B plans. Cobra, FMLA and unemployment claims response.
- Ensures benefits procedures are in compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Employee Retirement Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
- Reviews and approves monthly benefits account reconciliations and payments.
- Five (5) years recent relevant experience in administering a variety of health care, dental, 403B, life insurance, long and short term disability plans, etc. including a minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing employees engaged in benefit administration; Three years’ experience working with HRIS or Benefit Administration systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline required, or HR certification.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of benefit administration and compliance with laws and regulations impacting the administration of benefit programs (ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA,
ADA, FMLA, ACA, IRS, DOL, OPERS, STRS etc.),
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and databases are essential.
- Ability and motivation to provide outstanding customer service and to handle difficult.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.