Benefits and Compensation Manager
JOB FUNCTION/ PURPOSE
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, this is a hands-on position responsible for managing all aspects of Inframark’s Benefits & Compensation programs, including recommending, developing and implementing health/welfare benefits and retirement plans; communication and implementation of pay standards and compensation plans; and other programs and policies that are in support of employee well-being and the organization’s strategic goals.
- Manages administrative aspects of all Benefits (including health and retirement) and Compensation programs, including: interpreting and advising employees on policies/plan rules; resolution of escalated claims or service issues; managing third-party vendors and consultants; communication and training; working with HRIS and Payroll to ensure transactional accuracy.
- Conducts ongoing research into emerging trends, issues and best practices pertaining to benefit plan design and compensation practices.
- Ensures process quality, efficiency and compliance and recommends opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Partners with the VP, Human Resources to develop and implement strategic total rewards plans. Works with the VP, Human Resources and Senior Leadership Team to ensure that compensation and benefits programs remain competitive and are aligned with company strategy.
- Ensures compliance of all programs, including HIPAA requirements; PPACA reporting, tracking and funding requirements; preparation of 5500s; distribution of required materials such as SPDs, SBCs and SARs; etc. Serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Leads processes, planning, logistics and communications related to Annual Renewal/Open Enrollment and other cyclical events like Wellness Campaign, Merit Increases and 401(k) Audit/Testing.
- Performs maintenance and continuous improvement of compensation program/structure, including: job descriptions, pay grades/FLSA status, market benchmarking, reporting, and merit and bonus programs.
- Manages design, development and execution of related employee/manager communication and training strategies.
- Oversees Leave of Absence administration, including: vendor management; tracking and reporting; payroll updates; FMLA and Return to Work matters.