AmeriGas, Camden County, Drexel University, Toll Brothers to Speak at June 13 Annual Conference
PHILADELPHIA, PA—(June 6, 2017)—The Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health (GPBCH) is pleased to announce the winners of its first annual Health Benefits Innovation Awards. Applicants submitted a description of their health benefits innovation, including implementation experience and evaluative findings. Representatives of the following organizations will present an overview of their award-winning innovations at the GPBCH Annual Conference on June 13th at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott.
• Amerigas: Amerigas’ Commitment to Keeping Drivers Safe, Healthy and Productive
• Camden County: Use of Wellness Coaches to Support a Comprehensive Health and Wellness Strategy
• Drexel University: Taking a Stand – Standing Desk Employee Grant Program
• Toll Brothers: Paid Wellness Day – Eliminating Barriers and Encouraging Preventive Screenings
Applicants awarded an “Honorable Mention” designation from the judging panel are Health Advocate, Herr Foods, Independence Blue Cross and Merck.
The GPBCH Annual Conference theme is “New Approaches to an Old Problem: Fixing the Healthcare System”. Featured speakers are Rob Andrews, CEO, Health Transformation Alliance; Marty Lupinetti, CEO, Health Share Exchange; Mike Thompson, CEO, National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions; Alyson Schwartz, CEO, Better Medicare Alliance; Ed Leeds, Counsel, Ballard Spahr; James Brexler, President and CEO, Doylestown Hospital; Kim Fortunato, President, Campbell Soup Foundation; Robert Wells, Executive Director for Strategy, GE Healthymagination; and Lawrence Bowdish, Director, Research and Food Security, US Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Session topics include:
• How the Health Transformation Alliance Hopes to Shake Things Up
• How the Philadelphia Region’s Data Collaborative is Expediting Improvement
• The Role of Employers and Business Coalitions in Promoting Change
• Panel Discussion: Disruption in Washington and Implications for Employers
• Advancing Hospital Safety: Lessons from Top Performers
• Panel Discussion: Unhealthy Communities, Unhealthy Employees
• Employer Showcase: Health Benefits Innovation Award Winners
“The employers, business groups, consultants, providers and technology experts coming together for this conference are at the forefront of driving health system and payment reform, and improving the value of the health benefits spend. The audience will come away with innovative, actionable ideas to implement in their own organizations,” says Neil Goldfarb, President and CEO of GPBCH.
Details about the GPBCH June 13 Annual Conference at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott can be found at
About Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
The Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health (GPBCH) is an employer-led non-profit membership organization focused on working with health plans, health care providers, and other system stakeholders to improve the value of health benefit spending for its members, by improving healthcare quality and safety and reducing health care costs. The Coalition is committed to maintaining and improving the health and productivity of the region’s workforce, and to ensuring that when health care is needed it is accessible, affordable, high-quality, and safe. The Coalition’s service area includes southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and the state of Delaware. GPBCH currently represents over 750,000 lives in the region and 1.5 million lives nationally, and is a member of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions that represents over 50 healthcare business coalitions in the United States.
GPBCH Media Contact
Jill M. Hutt, Director of Member Services
Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
123 South Broad Street, Suite 1235
Philadelphia, PA 19109
Download Press Release Here.